Every day you help to build a strong community of care.
What more can you do for your work life and for others? With New West Haven, we offer exciting alternatives in the field of healthcare. At our assisted living community we work to provide residents with a healthy environment and independence to enrich their lives so our exceptional operations, business and healthcare providers work together to build strong communities of care. Join a growing and respected industry innovator, where not only can you do more you can do it better. Every day.
Resident Services Assistant/Caregiver The Resident Services Assistant/Caregiver will be responsible for providing assistance to our residents as needed to maintain a positive physical and social environment. Duties include: assisting residents with the activities of daily living; scheduling resident appointments; preparing in-service calendar; coordinating pharmacy activities; handling incoming and outgoing physician information; maintaining health records and logs; organizing and filing discharge records; and obtaining current materials.
Qualified candidates will be have a high school diploma/GED or higher and be able to complete state-required training (on the job training is offered) and meet all state health requirements. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, community officials and the general public. Candidates must have compassion for and a desire to work with the elderly.
Chef The Chef position reports to the Administrator of the facility. This position has responsibility for delivering fresh, innovative and delicious meals to residents, family members, guest and employees of the facility in a seven day dining hall operation.
- Responsible for food production and overall supervision of kitchen activity.
- Establishing and maintaining systems and procedures for the ordering, receiving, storing, preparing and serving of food and related products.
- Participates in menu concept development, special event planning and writing seasonal and custom menus.
- Maintains food costs, inventory controls and works within financial targets as specified by Senior Management.
- Responsible for the hands-on production duties as needed/required.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the production staff.
- Interacts with staff on food displays, ensuring the highest quality of food production, standards, presentations and techniques.
- Delivers food in a timely manner.
- Maintains the highest levels of food safety, sanitation and cleanliness in all production areas.
- Certified Food Safety Manager (within 6 months of employment).
- Maintains and controls inventory.
- Assists the Administrator of the facility in other duties as needed/required.
- Familiarity with a computerized menu and ordering system preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of current culinary trends.
- Experience in vegetarian cooking.
- Computer literacy required (General MS Office and email skills).
- Responsible for daily interaction with the client and client’s customers and/or employees.
We are hiring full and part-time. We offer competitive compensation, great growth potential and an excellent work environment. Interested candidates please apply by faxing your resume to 888-770-0067 or emailing your resume to email@example.com.
You must pass a complete criminal background check in order to be considered for employment. New West Haven Assisted Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer.